Monkey Muffins Recipe
These bite-sized mini muffins will be a favorite with your family and friends—or anyone who loves bananas, peanut butter and chocolate! It's also a good way to use up overripe bananas. —Amie Longstaff, Painesville Township, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:36 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the bananas, peanut butter, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 6 dozen.
2 muffins equals 126 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC