Monkey Cupcakes Recipe
Kids‘ eyes will light up when they see these cute jungle goodies. "They never fail to make my grandkids smile, and they’re always a hit at bake sales," says Sandra Seaman of Greensburg, Pennsylvania.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 vanilla wafers
- Black and red decorating gel
- 48 pastel blue and/or green milk chocolate M&M's
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1. Prepare batter and bake according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- 2. Set aside 1/4 cup frosting. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting. With a serrated knife, cut off and discard a fourth of each vanilla wafer. Place a wafer on each cupcake, with the rounded edge of wafer near edge of cupcake, for face. Add dots of black gel for nostrils. With red gel, pipe on mouths.
- 3. Place M&M's above wafers for eyes; add dots of black gel for pupils. Using reserved frosting and a #16 star tip, pipe hair. Carefully separate cookies; cut each in half. Position one on each side of cupcakes for ears. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 265 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC