Both of my boys really enjoyed helping me make Monkey Bread when they were young. It seemed to taste twice as good when they helped fix it. It's one of our favorites for breakfast or as a snack. —Carol Allen, McLeansboro, Illinois
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pudding mix, sugar,
- cinnamon and pecans if desired. Pour the butter into a shallow bowl.
- Cut the biscuits into quarters. Dip several pieces into the butter,
- then place in bag and shake to coat.
- Arrange in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Repeat until all the
- biscuit pieces are coated. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or
- until browned. Cool for 30 minutes before inverting onto a serving
- plate. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.