Both of my boys really enjoyed helping me make Monkey Bread when they were young. It seemed to taste twice as good when they helped fix it. It's one of our favorites for breakfast or as a snack. —Carol Allen, McLeansboro, Illinois
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pudding mix, sugar, cinnamon and pecans if desired. Pour the butter into a shallow bowl. Cut the biscuits into quarters. Dip several pieces into the butter, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- Arrange in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Repeat until all the biscuit pieces are coated. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until browned. Cool for 30 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Monkey Bread in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p14
Reviews for Monkey Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review