Mongolian Beef Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1-1/2 teaspoons hot olive oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the onions in remaining olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add beef and heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mongolian Beef(12)
Sort By :
Was bland. Will not make again.
Great recipe. Two changes that I made was olive oil instead of the sesame oil and for the meat I used a Filet. I could have used a little more meat but otherwise this was very good and can't wait to make it again.
Since I tried this recipe it became one of family favorites. Its easy and tasty. thanks for sharing:)
My whole family loved this.
Great Recipe, but no leftovers :o) I did change it up just a little. I added 2T of hoisin sauce, 1/8t of onion powder, 1T brown sugar and one small clove of garlic. SO GOOD, next time I will double my recipe. The kids even loved it! 10 stars!!! THANK YOU!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >