- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, celery, onion and green pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture. Toss gently to coat. Serve warm. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Momma's Warm Potato Salad
Sort By :
I thought this was missing something...pickle relish maybe? Just was not very flavorful.
OMG! This is delicious. I'm from PA. and have a little Amish in my blood. Never thought I'd like any other type of potato salad, but I will definitely make this again.
My husband and I really like this potato salad!! Used regular Idaho potatoes, didn't have green bell pepper, was still great!
Made this for our family of four--------was so very good--had a little left over & can't wait to eat it even cold. Was easy to prepare & didn't change a thing.
I made this with about half the hot pepper sauce and the pepper, but after tasting it, I went back and added the other half. It does need that much pepper. We ate it warm but I suspect it will be just as good cold, if not better than, warm. My hubby had 2 helpings and I had to restrain myself!