Momma's Warm Potato Salad Recipe
A friend of mine has a mom, known to all as Momma, who makes the absolute best potato salad. It is like a really good egg salad with potatoes in it.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, celery, onion and green pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture. Toss gently to coat. Serve warm. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 291 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 593 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC