Momma’s Turkey Stew with Dumplings Recipe
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients; stir in broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove bay leaves. In a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into turkey mixture. Add corn and peas. Cover and cook on high until mixture reaches a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix baking mix and milk just until moistened. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on top of simmering liquid. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Momma’s Turkey Stew with Dumplings(3)
Sort By :
Followed directions, very disappointing, will not make again.
This was delicious, easy, and made the house smell wonderful while it cooked. Kids gave it 2 thumbs up!
I did not have turkey so I substituted chicken instead. My husband and I both loved it! It was hearty and full of flavor. I'm putting this on our list of favorites.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Turkey >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >