Mom's Vegetable Medley Recipe
A colorful mix of zucchini, onion, celery, green pepper and tomato is at its tasty best in this simple side dish. Mom came up with this recipe as a way to use up her garden vegetables. It has the taste of summer.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in butter for 6-8 minutes. Add zucchini; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Add tomato and soup mix; cook and stir until tomato is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving equals 42 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC