A colorful mix of zucchini, onion, celery, green pepper and tomato is at its tasty best in this simple side dish. Mom came up with this recipe as a way to use up her garden vegetables. It has the taste of summer.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in butter for 6-8 minutes. Add zucchini; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Add tomato and soup mix; cook and stir until tomato is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Vegetable Medley in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p35
Reviews for Mom's Vegetable Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review