- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey, salt, pepper and pepper sauce.
- Drain fettuccine. Layer half of the fettuccine, turkey mixture and cheese in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mom's Turkey Tetrazzini
Sort By :
My family loved this dish, Will definitely make it again!
A really good meal that was a hit with everyone in my family.
Great and easy recipe. Next time I would make a little more of the the sauce. I also added broccoli which my daughter loved!