Mom's Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey, salt, pepper and pepper sauce.
- 3. Drain fettuccine. Layer half of the fettuccine, turkey mixture and cheese in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- 4. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 516 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein .
Reviews for Mom's Turkey Tetrazzini
"Wonderful flavor to this dish. However, if made as written, it's way too dry. I would recommend either doubling the sauce ingredients, or cutting in half the amount of pasta. I added chopped celery to it, which also gave it a great flavor. I will definitely make it again, next time with more sauce."
"My family loved this dish, Will definitely make it again!"
"A really good meal that was a hit with everyone in my family."
"Great and easy recipe. Next time I would make a little more of the the sauce. I also added broccoli which my daughter loved!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.