Mom's Tangy Potato Salad Recipe
This chunky potato salad is a great dish for a family picnic or on a night when you're grilling out. The homemade dressing makes it extra delicious. —Michelle Gurnsey, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash ground mustard
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the eggs, onion and celery. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 148 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC