This chunky potato salad is a great dish for a family picnic or on a night when you're grilling out. The homemade dressing makes it extra delicious. —Michelle Gurnsey, Lincoln, Nebraska
Recommended: 35 Essential Recipes You Should Know by 35
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash ground mustard
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the eggs, onion and celery. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Tangy Potato Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p21
Reviews for Mom's Tangy Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2012
"It was ok."
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2012