This chunky potato salad is a great dish for a family picnic or on a night when you're grilling out. The homemade dressing makes it extra delicious. —Michelle Gurnsey, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash ground mustard
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the eggs, onion and celery. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Tangy Potato Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p21
Reviews for Mom's Tangy Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review