Mom's Tangerine Iced Tea
Simple syrup gives a smooth finish to this sweet tea with a citrus twist. It's so refreshing on a hot day. —Mary Miller, Poplarville, Mississippi
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 2-3/4 cups water, divided
- 4 individual black tea bags
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh tangerine juice (about 12 tangerines)
- Ice cubes
- Tangerine slices and mint sprigs, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Remove from the
- heat; add tea bags. Steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags; cool
- tea slightly.
- In another saucepan, combine remaining water and sugar; bring to a
- boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat;
- cool slightly.
- Transfer tea and sugar syrup to a large pitcher; stir in tangerine
- juice. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice; add tangerine slices and mint if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 182 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.