Mom's Tangerine Iced Tea Recipe
Simple syrup gives a smooth finish to this sweet tea with a citrus twist. It's so refreshing on a hot day. —Mary Miller, Poplarville, Mississippi
- 2-3/4 cups water, divided
- 4 individual black tea bags
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh tangerine juice (about 12 tangerines)
- Ice cubes
- Tangerine slices and mint sprigs, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags; cool tea slightly.
- 2. In another saucepan, combine remaining water and sugar; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 3. Transfer tea and sugar syrup to a large pitcher; stir in tangerine juice. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 4. Serve over ice; add tangerine slices and mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 182 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (46g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Mom's Tangerine Iced Tea
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2014
"This was exceptionally good."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC