Simple syrup gives a smooth finish to this sweet tea with a citrus twist. It's so refreshing on a hot day. —Mary Miller, Poplarville, Mississippi
- 2-3/4 cups water, divided
- 4 individual black tea bags
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh tangerine juice (about 12 tangerines)
- Ice cubes
- Tangerine slices and mint sprigs, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags; cool tea slightly.
- In another saucepan, combine remaining water and sugar; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Transfer tea and sugar syrup to a large pitcher; stir in tangerine juice. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice; add tangerine slices and mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Tangerine Iced Tea in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p70
Reviews for Mom's Tangerine Iced Tea
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2014
"This was exceptionally good."