- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Sweet Potato Bake
Sort By :
"We love this version! Even without the pecans, it is like dessert!"
"wonderful!! I make it at least twice a year!!"
"I make this recipe every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is delicious. I only use half the sugar and it's still great."
"I've been making this since it was first published and it is fantastic! The most requested Thanksgiving recipe I have and requested during the year too! Never leftovers!"
"Fantastic! I'll defiantly make again!"