- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Sweet Potato Bake
Sort By :
Fantastic! I'll defiantly make again!
We never have leftovers of this dish, so I've started adding in more sweet potatoes and keeping everything else the same. I used 5 cups this last time and it still tasted sweet and delicious, plus I got the leftovers I wanted.
The best sweet potatoes I've made
I never made sweet potato casserole before, so I chose this one as it looked easy. It was delicious! My family now wants me to make it for every occasion I can. The recipe is perfect as it is.
This was a big hit at our Thanksgiving table. One person who has always passed up sweet potatoes decided to try it when I told him that if he liked pumpkin pie (which he does), then he'd like this. He ended up taking seconds and requested some of the leftover dish to take home!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Sweet Potatoes >