Mom's Sloppy Tacos Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce and cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocado and olives
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Fill each taco shell with 1/4 cup beef mixture and toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
2 tacos: 264 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mom's Sloppy Tacos
"Very tasty and easy to make. I will definitely make this recipe again!"
"Better than a pre-made taco mix, but just as easy."