Mom's Sloppy Tacos
No matter how hectic the weeknight, there's always time to serve your family a healthy meal with recipes this easy and good! —KAMI JONES, AVONDALE, ARIZONA
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce and cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocado and olives
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Fill each taco shell with 1/4 cup beef mixture and toppings of your
- choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tacos (calculated without optional toppings) equals 264 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 669 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.