No matter how hectic the weeknight, there's always time to serve your family a healthy meal with recipes this easy and good! —Kami Jones, Avondale, Arizona
- 1-1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce and cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocado and olives
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Fill each taco shell with 1/4 cup beef mixture and toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Sloppy Tacos in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012, p83
Reviews for Mom's Sloppy Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2015
"Very tasty and easy to make. I will definitely make this recipe again!"
Reviewed May. 6, 2012
"Better than a pre-made taco mix, but just as easy."