- 10 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 6-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, ham, onions and cheese. Repeat layers. Pour soup over top. Sprinkle with paprika and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Sort By :
"I have made this several times and always get raves from family and friends. Instead of Cream of Mushroom I use Cheddar Cheese or Cheese and Broccoli, also reducing the amount of grated cheese by 1/2 cup. I layer it potato, onion, ham, potato, onion, broccoli, grated cheese, ham and last layer of potato. Pour soup over and sprinkle freshly cut parsley on top as well as the pepper and paprika"
"was not creamy enough"
"I have made this type before but I used celery soup an cream or I have used 1/2 an 1/2. And cut my potatoes thicker and I only used about a pound or so of Potatoes, just enough to fill the casserole dish, one large onion, and a couple of cups of Ham, And about a 4 th of a cup of flour mixed with the liquid. And I added about a tsp or so of salt and a little fresh ground pepper. No paprika. A cup of cheese and then topped with a little more cheese on top depending on how much cheese you like, popped it back in the oven until the cheese melted an browned just a bit."
"Recipe sounded good but was disappointed with the result, not enough liquid and to many potatoes. Family didn't like it."