- 10 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 6-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, ham, onions and cheese. Repeat layers. Pour soup over top. Sprinkle with paprika and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
"I think this recipe was just okay. I wasn't blown away. Also I think 8-10 hours in the crockpot was too long. 5-6 hours might have been more appropriate."
"I love this recipe! This is how I've always made mine- with just a few revisions. I do a probably the same amount of potatoes, maybe a little more. I do about 4 cups of cubed ham. 1 large sliced onion. 3-4 cups of mild shredded cheddar. Two regular cans of cream of mushroom soup. And 3/4tsp of paprika. Mix half the onion and potatoes in the crock, then do cheese, then repeat, then add the mushroom soup can and the spices on top. I don't touch it until about 2 hours left, then I stir. Cook it for 8-10 hours. The longer, the better so the potatoes are nice and soft. The color might not be beautiful, but it's DELICIOUS!"
"Finally a recipie for scalloped potatoes yea"
"I have made this several times and always get raves from family and friends. Instead of Cream of Mushroom I use Cheddar Cheese or Cheese and Broccoli, also reducing the amount of grated cheese by 1/2 cup. I layer it potato, onion, ham, potato, onion, broccoli, grated cheese, ham and last layer of potato. Pour soup over and sprinkle freshly cut parsley on top as well as the pepper and paprika"
"was not creamy enough"