Mom's Potato Pancakes Recipe
These old-fashioned pancakes are fluffy inside and crispy outside. Onion adds nice flavor. Mom got this recipe from Grandma, so we've enjoyed it for years. -Dianne Esposite, New Middletown, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 4 cups shredded peeled potatoes (about 4 large potatoes)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Canola oil
- 1. Rinse potatoes in cold water; drain well. Place in a large bowl. Stir in the egg, flour, onion, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into hot oil. Flatten to form a pancake. Fry in batches until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 117 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC