These old-fashioned pancakes are fluffy inside and crispy outside. Onion adds nice flavor. Mom got this recipe from Grandma, so we've enjoyed it for years. -Dianne Esposite, New Middletown, Ohio
- 4 cups shredded peeled potatoes (about 4 large potatoes)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Canola oil
- Rinse potatoes in cold water; drain well. Place in a large bowl. Stir in the egg, flour, onion, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into hot oil. Flatten to form a pancake. Fry in batches until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Potato Pancakes in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p35
Reviews for Mom's Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review