Mom's Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 4 cups shredded peeled potatoes (about 4 large potatoes)
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Canola oil
- Rinse potatoes in cold water; drain well. Place in a large bowl. Stir in the egg, flour, onion, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into hot oil. Flatten to form a pancake. Fry in batches until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Potato Pancakes(3)
Sort By :
Simple to make,especially with a food processor. I added chives and made them a little thicker the second batch
These were really good! We liked them best when I made them thicker. Will use less oil next time. I made a double batch and had lots of left-overs. They were great warmed on a plate in the oven.
I also like chives or finely chopped green onions for little difference.
We love these as a meal or side dish and they are great leftover. They warm up nicely in the microwave or toaster oven.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >