- longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaves. Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter
- and keep warm. Pour 2 cups cooking juices and loosened browned bits
- into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. (Save remaining cooking juices
- for another use.)
- For gravy, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in remaining flour
- until smooth; gradually stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast and
- vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.