Mom's Portable Beef Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon mixed pickling spices
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef eye round roast (3 pounds)
- 12 to 14 sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce, tomato and onion, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients; add roast. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Remove the roast and cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, skim fat and strain cooking juices. Discard bay leaf. Thinly slice the beef. Serve on rolls with warmed juices and lettuce, tomato and onion if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 each: 298 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Mom's Portable Beef
"Today is my second time making this recipe. Normally I would never have thought to use these seasonings with beef. Wow & Yummy!"