Mom's Pickled Beets Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (13-1/4 ounces each) sliced beets, undrained
- Sliced green onions, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; add beets. let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cover and chill 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Pickled Beets(2)
Sort By :
I've made pickled beets for years, but this recipe is the one I'll be using. I made it with fresh cooked, peeled and sliced beets (3 large). I loved the cooked onion and the pepper in it (wasn't sure if I would). Great recipe!
These were delicious! My mom used to make pickled beets and none of us knew what her secret was. Since she's not here with us anymore, I turned to Taste of Home. You all have never let me down. (0=
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >