Mom's Peach Pie
A delightful summertime pie, this dessert is overflowing with fresh peach flavor. Each sweet slice is packed with old-fashioned appeal. The streusel topping makes this pie a little different than the ordinary and adds homemade flair. —Sally Holbrook, Pasadena, California
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- Brush egg white over pastry shell; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until
- mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle two-thirds into pastry; top
- with peaches. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and
- peaches are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 354 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.