- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup sliced fully cooked smoked sausage (1/4-inch slices)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, ham, sausage, onion and green pepper in 2 tablespoons oil for 3-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add olives and raisins if desired. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally; remove meat and vegetable mixture from pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute rice in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the garlic, turmeric and curry. Return meat and vegetables to pan; toss lightly. Add broth and mixed vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Paella in Country Pork 1996, p50
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mom's Paella
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2012
"I added a lb of shrimp the second time i cooked it . The orignal is good . I used extra virgin olive oil . Thanks for the recipe ."