Mom's Oven-Barbecued Ribs Recipe
- 3 to 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place ribs in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Drain ribs. Spoon sauce over ribs. Cover and bake for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer, basting once. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Oven-Barbecued Ribs(36)
Sort By :
*deleted* I accidentally posted twice. sorry!
I have looked and looked for a recipe to make great tasting, fall off the bone, easy country style pork ribs...and now I've found it! I hate it when people review a recipe that they've altered beyond all recognition, but I confess I did add about 1/3 cup of brown sugar just because I liked the idea of it. Other than that I made absolutely no changes...not in the recipe and not in how it said to cook them. And they were fabulous and this recipe is now my go-to recipe for ribs. I would guess if you didn't want to make your own sauce, you could probably substitute a store bought sauce and maybe add a little water to it if needed. Thanks for this recipe! You just made my taste buds happy and my life a little easier!
This was so easy and made the house smell amazing. My family LOVED them!
YUMMO!!! This was so easy and so very tasty! I used most of the recipe as is except I added the worchestershire, hot sauce, some brown sugar, and a bit of ketchup to store-bought bbq sauce. I didn't need to cook my ribs the full time either. They were done in just over 2 hours! I added meat tenderizer (just to make sure nothing was tough...LOL!!!!). The family could hardly wait to eat and I got two thumbs-up from my Hubby! Thanks for a great recipe; I will definitely make this one again!
Super easy! Super good!