Mom's Oven-Barbecued Ribs Recipe
My mom made these tender ribs for special Sunday suppers when we were growing up. A few common ingredients are all you need to make the zesty sauce that coats them. My family's eyes light up when I bring a plate of these ribs to the table, and company never suspects how easy they are to prepare. —Yvonne White Williamson, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 2-3/4 hours YIELD:4-6 servings
- 3 to 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Place ribs in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Drain ribs. Spoon sauce over ribs. Cover and bake for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer, basting once. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (12 ounces) equals 289 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,084 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC