- 3 to 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place ribs in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Drain ribs. Spoon sauce over ribs. Cover and bake for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer, basting once. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Oven-Barbecued Ribs
"These are excellent - so tender! I did make a few additions - brown sugar, chipotle chili pepper and liquid smoke (and I forgot to add the hot pepper sauce)."
"First time made exactly as recipe directed. Found to be on the bland side. Made 3 more times with a few modifications each time. Last batch was to everyone's liking.Brined ribs 4 hrs in water with 1/4 cup salt & 1/4 cup sugar. Rinsed & patted dry before putting in baking dish.To sauce added:1/4 cup brown sugar1 teaspoon garlic powder2 tablespoons apple cider vinegarUpped hot sauce to 1 teaspoonBaked uncovered 45 mins at 300?Put sauce on ribs, covered dish with foil & baked 1-1/2 hrs at 250?Uncovered dish, basted ribs with sauce & baked 45 minsBaste ribs & broil 3-5 minsWhen making any style of pork ribs in oven:Low & slow is the way to go."
"The meat came out fantastic, I agree that the last step of cooking for 30 minutes was not needed, However, the sauce recipe however is bland even when I added the brown sugar. I ended up pouring bottled sauce on the ribs 15 minutes before I took them out of the oven."
"Make again as often as possible. Loved by all!"
"On board for this week. Cutting back on chili powder, also leaving out hot pepper sauce since not a fan."