Mom's Orange-Spice Gelatin Recipe
I remember my mom making this tangy mold frequently when I was growing up. It was always one of our favorites. —Karen Grimes, Stephens City, Virginia
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 12 whole cloves
- 3 cups boiling water
- 4 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups cold water
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving syrup; set peaches aside. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, cinnamon sticks, cloves and reserved syrup. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Strain, discarding cinnamon and cloves.
- 2. Add boiling water to syrup mixture; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in the cold water and sugar substitute. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 35 minutes.
- 3. Coarsely chop the peaches. Stir peaches and pecans into gelatin mixture. Transfer to a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray (mold will be full). Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 10 servings.
2/3 cup: 62 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Mom's Orange-Spice Gelatin
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC