These muffins were always a special treat when I was a child. Now I have lots of muffin recipes, and I make one kind or another several times each week. But none are better than these...and for me, none come out of the oven with so many heartwarming memories attached!
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well
- in the center. Combine eggs, milk and oil. Pour into well and mix
- just until dry ingredients are moistened (do not overmix).
- Spoon into greased muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or
- until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
If Cooking for Two: Freeze baked muffins in freezer bags; thaw and reheat as needed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 146 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.