Mom's Muffins Recipe
These muffins were always a special treat when I was a child. Now I have lots of muffin recipes, and I make one kind or another several times each week. But none are better than these...and for me, none come out of the oven with so many heartwarming memories attached!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center. Combine eggs, milk and oil. Pour into well and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened (do not overmix).
- Spoon into greased muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Mom's Muffins in Reminisce May/June 1994, p53
Reviews for Mom's Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2009
These honestly tasted more like a biscuit than a muffin. They were a bit strange.