Mom's Monday Lunch Potato Soup
I love making this soup for my friends who visit for lunch.—Evelyn Bonar, Pensacola, Florida
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons
- drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add potatoes and
- soup; stir until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over
- medium heat until heated through.
- Stir in bacon, salt if desired and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without salt) equals 514 calories, 33 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,538 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.