Mom's Monday Lunch Potato Soup Recipe
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add potatoes and soup; stir until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- 2. Stir in bacon, salt if desired and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup (calculated without salt): 514 calories, 33g fat (13g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1538mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Mom's Monday Lunch Potato Soup
"This soup was very good! My husband and I both enjoyed it! The first time I made it, I didn't have any leftover mashed potatoes, so I just cooked some up really fast. I also only used 3 pieces of bacon instead of the 8 the recipe calls for."
"Easy and delicious."
"This is SO good! I am a soup lover and always trying to find a good one. This is a keeper! I used a bit of left over ham and is was delish!"