Mom's Meatballs Recipe
In El Dorado, Arkansas, Dorothy Smith bakes a large batch of moist meatballs that are tender and flavorful. Serve some for dinner and freeze the extras for the two tasty recipes that follow.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 24 crackers)
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the onion, ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and crackers. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Serve meatballs immediately, or refrigerate or freeze for use in other recipes. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 36 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC