In El Dorado, Arkansas, Dorothy Smith bakes a large batch of moist meatballs that are tender and flavorful. Serve some for dinner and freeze the extras for the two tasty recipes that follow.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 24 crackers)
- 3 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and crackers. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Serve meatballs immediately, or refrigerate or freeze for use in other recipes. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Mom's Meatballs in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p12
Reviews for Mom's Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review