Mom's Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove 1/2 cup for sauce. Spread remaining mixture over meat loaf.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mom's Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"I have been using this meatloaf recipe for almost 17 years now, and there are never any leftovers!!! I have played with it some over the years and it can be as sweet as you want it to be or just use less of the brown sugar. My family loves this recipe, thank you for sharing."
"Awful to sweet"
"I have made this recipe for several years! sometimes I add grated cheese inside. sometimes I make into about 7 or 8 small loaves and bake about 45 minutes when I'm in a hurry."
"I have made this meatloaf for years. I have 5 boys and double the recipe. We never have leftovers! I also made this for my parents 50th wedding anniversary party (50 people) everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. This is the best meatloaf ever. Would not understand how someone would not like it."
"Really good!!!! I didn't have any cracker's so I used breadcrumbs, also only one egg. Turned out GREAT"