Mom's Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, saltines, onion, salt, sage and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spread 3/4 cup over meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mom's Meat Loaf(27)
Sort By :
The best meatloaf I have ever made or eaten! Perfect the way it is.
This was SOO good and so easy! First time I've ever made meatloaf and it came out excellent. Can't wait to make it again. Oh and i doubled the Worcestershire bc we love it so much haha
Moist and very tasty. It makes a lot of sauce, so I cut the sauce portion of it in half and still had plenty of sauce.
Very easy to make and will definitely make it again. It makes a lot of sauce for the top, so the second time I made it, I cut the sauce part in half and still had plenty for the top of the meatloaf.
So delicious made with ground turkey! I also placed some sliced pickled jalapenos on the meatloaf before pouring on the sauce! YUM!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >