Mom's Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove 1/2 cup for sauce. Spread remaining mixture over meat loaf.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mom's Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"This was AWFUL!!! My husband loves meatloaf so I thought I would give this recipe a go. I couldn't finish my meal & he proceeded to throw away the leftovers. Thanks for the $12 waste!!!"
"To 'buddystar' - rubbed sage is just crushed sage that is rubbed between your fingers and then added to your mix. This is a very good recipe, but I omit the sage; but at times I will add some chopped green pepper."
"This was a pretty good meatloaf. I usually don't like putting raw onion in meatloaf (want to saute it) but this came out really well. Will definitely make it again."
"My husband loves meatloaf, this is the first one I have made that his loves"