Mom's Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, saltines, onion, salt, sage and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spread 3/4 cup over meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mom's Meat Loaf(33)
Sort By :
Delicious! Made this for the first time today (doubled the recipe) and my husband said he could eat an entire loaf himself. My 11 year old son was amazed about how much he liked it . In fact, he said, "...Mom, I want you to make that meatloaf for my birthday!" For the sauce, I didn't have ketchup, so I used tomato sauce instead and cooked the sauce for a few minutes on the stove to thicken it a bit before spreading on the meatloaf.
This is a delicious tender meatloaf. I am not a fan of ketchup on meatloaf but loved this one-the brown sugar and worcestershire sauce make all the difference. Its our family's favorite meatloaf recipe.
I have tried so many good meatloaf recipes, but this one is soooo delicious!!! I will definitely be making this one more often. So easy and the house smells wonderful while it's cooking!
This is a yummy classic meat loaf recipe. Who doesn't love a classic meat loaf?!
We love the topping of ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce...I make the meatloaf a little differently, but definitely a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >