Mom's Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove 1/2 cup for sauce. Spread remaining mixture over meat loaf.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mom's Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"This is very tasty! We both loved it. I used club crackers in place of saltines, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, minced garlic cloves (2-3) and used 2 to 2-1/2 lbs meatloaf mix and 1 lb 80/20 ground beef. I have tried so many recipes for meatloaf but this is my go to now."
"This was AWFUL!!! My husband loves meatloaf so I thought I would give this recipe a go. I couldn't finish my meal & he proceeded to throw away the leftovers. Thanks for the $12 waste!!!"
"To 'buddystar' - rubbed sage is just crushed sage that is rubbed between your fingers and then added to your mix. This is a very good recipe, but I omit the sage; but at times I will add some chopped green pepper."
"This was a pretty good meatloaf. I usually don't like putting raw onion in meatloaf (want to saute it) but this came out really well. Will definitely make it again."