- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add the milk, cracker crumbs, onion, salt, sage and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves; place in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; spoon over meat loaves. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Yield: 2 mini meat loaves.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mom's Meat Loaf for 2
"Great recipe however I add 1/2 cup chop green peppers and chop red peppers"
"This was very good meat loaf. I also added a splash of steak sauce and some ketchup to the meatloaf. I didn't use sugar in the glaze that is how I like it. The meatloaf was simple and delicious, great beefy flavor. I will definitely make this again."
"loved it, I did make a change after reading reviews I used less than one tbsp brown sugar and added little more Worcestershire and a little less ketchup to the sauce. plus i added a little Worcestershire to the meat. will make again"
"Very tasty. I only added 1 tsp brown sugar to the topping though, so can't rate the sauce (don't you hate when people do that). Seems as if the other cooks really like the sauce as per the recipe was written so I may give it a try it sometime. I also squirted a little ketchup into the meat mixture. This will go on my rotation as hubby gave it a thumbs up."