- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, lemon and mint, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until well blended. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk, flour and salt; mix well. Stir in lemon juice and peel; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake 1 hour or until lightly browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Garnish with whipped cream, lemon and mint if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mom's Lemon Custard Pie
Sort By :
"Perfect in every way!. The best Lemon Custard and so easy to make."
"Thank you for sharing this. The recipe is easy to put together and a nice balance of sweet and tart. It was a refreshing end to a heavier luncheon menu. I served it with dollop of whipped cream and fresh blueberries. Will make again (for events or large dinners only so it is not calling my husband and me from the fridge)."
"This pie is absolutely delicious .....needs only more lemon extract or lemon zest.....a keeper for sure! Also baked for 50 minutes as suggested by others....came out perfect."
"I followed the recipe exactly except baked for 50 minutes. Turned out perfect. Absolutely delicious"
"I made this on Easter for my husband & I and there wasn't much left. Soo Good!"