Mom's Lasagna Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 carton (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef, sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the next 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodles and meat sauce, half of the cottage cheese, a third of the mozzarella and a third of the Parmesan. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes; uncover and bake for 20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mom's Lasagna(13)
Sort By :
Did not care for this recipe. Family asked me not to make it again.
I love this lasagna. I make it all the time for family dinners and everyone raves about it. The only thing I do different is I cook the sauce in the slowcooker on high for 3 hours. I like to be able to leave the house while it's cooking.
This recipe was okay. It tasted like a chili lasagna.
This recipe was ok. It tasted like a chili lasagna.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >