- into a large bowl. Shred beef with two forks; add to bowl. Cool.
- Transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen meat: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a
- Dutch oven; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on
- each bun. Top with cheese and giardiniera if desired.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (calculated without cheese and giardiniera) equals 450 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 969 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.