"This is an old family favorite passed down from my mom, who got the recipe from a friend," relates Julie Gillespie of Kirklin, Indiana. "Served with a green vegetable, it's a tasty, satisfying meal that's sure to please a crowd."
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 9 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to two greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Ground Beef Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p19
Reviews for Mom's Ground Beef Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review