Mom's Gingered Apple Salad Recipe
Here’s a refreshing twist on the classic Waldorf salad. Seasoned with ginger, dried cranberries and water chestnuts, this combo is quick and delicious. —Rebekah Radewahn, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- 3 medium apples, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar, ginger and salt; pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- 2. Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 213 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Mom's Gingered Apple Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC