Mom's Gingered Apple Salad Recipe
- 3 medium apples, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar, ginger and salt; pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- 2. Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 213 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Mom's Gingered Apple Salad
"This is the BEST salad. It is so refreshing!! I think I will try using Jicama instead of the water chestnuts next time I make it though."