Mom's Gingered Apple Salad Recipe
- 3 medium apples, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar, ginger and salt; pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- 2. Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 213 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Mom's Gingered Apple Salad
"This is the BEST salad. It is so refreshing!! I think I will try using Jicama instead of the water chestnuts next time I make it though."