- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour egg into the pan. As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When egg is completely cooked, remove to a plate. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms and onions in the drippings. Stir in the rice, bean sprouts, peas, soy sauce and bacon. Chop egg into small pieces; stir into the pan and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mom's Fried Rice(7)
Sort By :
My family really enjoyed this and so did I, for the most part. I think I have to play with the veggies a bit to get the taste that I'm looking for. It did turn out really good and was easy. Fried rice is one of those recipes for me that I've always been scared to try, but this was very simple and the results were good.
I loved this recipe! Changed the veges a little but that was it. Kids also loved it. yum!
Used 1 small can of mushrooms, omitted sprouts and it still tasted great!
This fried rice didn't taste that great. The flavor wasn't very appealing...I made this and it definitely didn't need bacon. I don't plan to make it again. :(